It’s the last day of 2011 here in the Philippines and I don’t know if I am ready to let go of 2011 (like I have a choice!) and meet 2012! Overall, 2011 is such a good year. There are times it sucked but good times outweighed it. If you remember my bookish new year’s resolution, I think I met some of them like:
- Being involved in my bookish community (Goodreads, yo!)
- Consistent in putting up book blog posts and had a good number of readers (Thank you, guys!)
- Read some books in my TBR (oh, yes, I did!)
- Read 68 books this year (I know! My goal is 70. I think I completed it if I count The Pillars of the Earth as 3 books but of course, that’s cheating!)
- And… my TBR doubled (don’t judge!)
In addition to that, I called 2011: The year of firsts and surprises. I have things achieved in 2011 that made my year this awesome and I am really thankful for. Here are some of the highlights of 2011:
- My first out-of-the -country trip with my mom: Singapore.
I loved how free I am to roam the place alone, eat different cuisine (Laksa pasta and that Stingray what-you-call-it), Universal Studio Singapore, Marina Bay Sand, that book hunt I did, and the subway. I REALLY LOVE IT AND I AM GOING BACK TO VISIT THE OTHER SIDE OF THE SINGAPORE.
- I work for the first time as a freelance writer for 9 months and still receiving loads of papers and articles to write—I love it because it makes me apply and practice writing stuff. I don’t call myself a writer yet. It doesn’t mean that I write for a living, it makes me a writer. Anyway, I am enjoying this!
- I remember the feeling of being a grown-up because I opened my own bank account, having my own ATM card with my name on it, and receive my salary from my writing gigs.
- I watched for the first time for free: Hillsong United Live in Manila with a special person.
- I worked as hospital nurse in a primary hospital in Las Pinas and I am proud of myself for working without pay and I learned a lot. I met new friends!
- Being part of the church ministry: YAMO
- I finally met my friends from Goodreads The Filipino Group and we had a couple of meet-ups within the year! I made new friends that will truly last. They are so awesome, you know? In addition to that, we, Filipino Book Bloggers, had the first ever Pinoy Reader Convention last September!
- I also work now as a company nurse reliever in Alabang and I am praying that I will be a regular employee next year!
- This one is quite funny but it is a big achievement for me: I wear girl clothes! I’ve been wearing boyish clothing all my life so I decided to change something about it and I did! Of course, I will not stick with dresses and girly stuff, I will try other fashion style (Fuma-fashion forward!)
- I am proud of my self because I didn’t abandon my planner (which I did with last planners I had) and I am thinking of getting another planner or use the same one (because I have two copies).
- Made up with people in the past and restored friendships.
And now, WHAT IS MY GOAL FOR 2012? I’m still thinking about it because I am the type of person who is really afraid to fail (and end up not trying at all—what a loser, I know) but I guess I have to do it.
- I have to get out of my comfort zone.
- Watch more movies—I was doing a blog about it but abandoned it in the process. I watched but never had time to blog about them.
- Watch more concerts—lol, I am missing the Laneway Festival in Singapore but I am hoping the rumor about SSLYBY visiting Manila is true!
- Read more books—actually, I always have quantity challenge since 2009 but I guess I will not have it in 2012. I want to enjoy reading more. I don’t want to cram and read so fast that I almost skimmed the book.
- To find a decent work as a nurse—I am still praying to be a regular employee in this company I am working part-time.
- Be a giver. I’ve received a lot of blessing this 2011, it’s now my time to be the one who gives.
- I have this one dream and I want to achieve it this year—hopefully!
- Restore old relationships in the past
- Be more active in church! In my ministries! YAMO! Kids Church!
- Save money to buy an e-reader: Nook Touch or Nook Color!
- Have a decent camera to take pictures of my books
That’s quite a list, you think? I am hoping and praying for a great year ahead!
Keep safe and Happy new year, guys!
(Picture Credit: Tumblr)