Clear your calendars this coming September 14 to 18 at SMX, Mall of Asia for here comes again the one of the biggest and long-running book fairs in Asia, the Manila International Book Fair (MIBF)! Aren’t you guys excited? This is heaven on earth to all book lovers, readers, writers and publishers all over Manila (and the whole archipelago of the Philippines!) for here participates more than 100 exhibitors and you’ll never ran out of booths to visit (and yes, more, more, more books!). I can’t list here all of them but I’m giving you some booths I frequent every year:
1. National Book Store. As usual, it’s one of the biggest and popular book store in the Philippines and they are offering the book buyers big, big discounts to new books (may it be non-fiction, fiction, graphic novels, dictionaries or academic books)! They also have bargain bins for more cheap-priced books!
2. Adarna House, Inc. Always never miss this one for they have the story books at very low price and also it’s amusing that they conduct story-telling sessions and activities with the kids! (Tho I’m not a kid anymore, I enjoyed watching them!)
3. Summit Media. Hey! I was a big fan of Summit Magazines when I was in high school and here you can only not see magazines but also their books! I’m hoping for complete Mina V. Esguerra books!
4. VIBAL. Dude, I may be guilty of missing a lot of Filipino novels but I frequent this booth a lot! They houses different Filipino titles of Ambeth Ocampo’s, Jessica Zafra’s and etc.
5. OMF Literature. One of the biggest Christian book store that is here to provide good Christian books, Bibles, and big, big discounts! And this year, OMF Lit Bookshop once again brings you Inspiration, Instruction and Insight through a wealth of books, outrageous discounts and exciting events and activities for bookworms of all ages.
I am pleased to announce one of the surprises from OMF Literature! Above, you see I Read postcard and if you click the picture, it will direct you to the event page at OMF site where you can find directions on how to download and print it. This will serve as your FREE TICKET to the book fair and give you discounts and free stuff from OMF lit! Aside from that, they will be having story-telling activities for the kids, Live broadcast through Edge Radio, Authors Meet and Greet, and Words and music (a mini-concert plus book excerpt reading). Don’t miss the fun! They can be found at Aisle D!
It’s just a very short list I want to introduce to you. To know more about the list of exhibitors, you can visit the Manila International Book Fair’s official website.
Anyway, in lieu of this event, I am hosting another BOOK GIVEAWAY sponsored by OMF Literature. Watch this space tomorrow for how to join and win books from OMF lit!
AND, AND, AND! Please never ever forget to join the first ever FILIPINO READER CONVENTION on September 14—that’s the first day of the MIBF week—we have so much in store for you, guys! Not just awesome panel discussions and gatherings, we have prizes to giveaway, too!
Guys, sorry if I gushed too much about this but I am really, REALLY excited! Hope to see you there!