Since I won the third place of the ‘What’s on your shelf?’ Promo of Powerbooks, I was also invited to their Brand Relaunch yesterday (June 01, 2010) at Greenbelt 4 Branch wherein Powerbooks launched their new logo and local celebrities shared their shelves and favorite books! And also, pictures of the participants (and their bookshelves) of the said promo is exhibited at the second floor of the new powerbooks store! My picture is also there, too!
I think the top 8 made it to the exhibit including Isabelle Santiago (the kid wearing orange shirt) and her picture is placed at the uppermost center of the area.
They also had loot bags give-aways that contains a Powerbooks leather-bound journal/planner and a book! My brother had a Boston 2009 city guide and I had a… Twilight book. Awesome right.
Anyway, also because of the event, they also gave 20% on all books you are purchasing that day! So I bought a copy of Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett! IKR, I have too much books.
So overall, I had the following books last night (and also the books I picked up for the P2,000 worth of books)
1. The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart
2. The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Perilous Journey by Trenton Lee Stewart
3. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling
4. Fables: The Deluxe Edition by Bill Willingham
5. Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett
6. Twilight by Stephanie Meyer (sigh..)
Then last night, I started reading Fables by Bill Willingham! I’ve been drooling all over since it came out and very itchy to have it and then now, ta-da! I have it!
THANK YOU POWERBOOKS!